Personality tests and self-reflecting teaching abilities

I took many personality tests in order to reflect my own strengths and weaknesses as a teacher. it was pretty interesting to do those. Some of the tests were rather naïve and easy to predict. For example: are you an introvert? – Yes. Result: You are an introvert. There was nothing interesting about those. However, one tests surprised me completely. Not because the results were something new, but the accuracy how it described my inner thoughts and ways of thinking was quite fishy. Here is the link to 16 personalities – test. 





My results reveled that I am an Architect. This seems to be quite intolerable personality to hang around with.It can be lonely at the top. Being one of the rarest personality types and being among the most capable people, Architects know this all too well. They make up just two percent of the population, and women with this personality type are especially rare, forming only 0.8%. It can be difficult for Architects to find people who can keep up with their non-stop analysis of things.”I immediately apologized to me friends in Facebook for being such an unbearable person. To tell you the truth, as a semi-introvert, I usually keep silent about my reasoning of many possible desirable and undesirable outcomes. 

Trying to reflect what these rather unpleasant results means as a teacher I came across an interesting video about the 16 personalities as teachers. In my opinion none of those personalities seem to make a great teacher, but it was still entertaining to watch. 




Perhaps it is more fruitful to reflect the results of personality test in light of teaching with SWOT analysis. The architect- type: 

In summary it is good to reflect what kind of person one is, and how this is projected in teaching. Being aware of different personalities and understand own shortcomings helps to avoid some problems and becoming a better teacher. 

Ps. See also related blog post about "Self-awareness and self-esteem in teaching and learning"

Kommentit