Encountering digital applications

There are plenty of digital applications that can be used for teaching or studying in small groups. Since all these applications (except Skype) are new for me, they seem complicated at first. However, once tested it is clear that these save time and energy, when I do not have to leave my home office. 

We tested Zoom meeting place at school in the second day. It seems pretty simple and an excellent tool for giving lectures. I have used Cisco Webex before which seemed simpler, but I guess Zoom was ok.  For video sharing Youtube seems the obvious choice. I have been testing video making before; there are (in Finnish) videos about how voters behaviour is affected by the colour of candidates shirt , what kind of slogan the candidate uses

For document sharing and co-working we have been using Google Onedrive and Microsoft Teams meeting place. These need a little bit training since I have only been using Dropbox before. 

Our small group had also been using interesting new applications, which I have not even heard off. One of these was OBS-Screen capture, which enables to make video from what happens in your screen.  

It seems a little bit frustrating at first to try to find, register and to use different applications. It took time to sort out all the passwords and accounts since I have personal ones, my company related ones and also now Hämeenlinna Ammattikorkeakoulu related ones. I am quite confident that this gets easier later on, when we get to the real pedagogics studies. I am quite exited about that, but I guess the tools need to be in order first. 




Kommentit

  1. Hei Hanna!

    Juuri näin: ensin työkalut riittävästi haltuun, jotta sitten kaikki voivat keskittyä sisältötehtäviin.

    Itse en jatkossa käytä kovin monia työkaluja, mutta kun työstätte opintopiirissä tehtäviä, niin monesta välineestä voi olla iloa.

    trv. Orvokki J-P

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti